Dr. Melanie Roy
Learn more about Dr. Roy
A fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), Dr. Roy received her medical degree in 2000 from the Université de Sherbrooke, where she also completed her residency as chief resident.
Born in Bathurst, New Brunswick, Dr. Roy received post-graduate, fellowship-level training in refractive surgery in Montreal. She currently practices in clinics in Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes, and she has completed over 30,000 ocular procedures. Dr. Roy is committed to using the latest technologies and techniques in refractive surgery. Dr. Roy has experience and expertise using the latest and most advanced excimer laser platforms. She is certified for the All-Laser LASIK procedure, also known as IntraLase or bladeless LASIK. In addition to her expertise in LASIK procedures, Dr. Roy also routinely performs intraocular lens procedures.
Dr. Roy was awarded the Prix d’Excellence, Résidents et Communauté Étudiante, for her outstanding performance in medical school. She has assisted in research and taken part in numerous ophthalmological lectures and presentations over the years.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fédération des médecins spécialistes du Québec
- Collège des médecins du Québec
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of New Brunswick
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Nova Scotia