Dr. Christopher Michael Anjema
Learn more about Dr. Christopher Michael Anjema
Dr. Christopher Michael Anjema obtained his medical degree at the University of Western Ontario. He also completed his residency in ophthalmology there, at the Ivey Eye Institute of Ophthalmology, followed by a fellowship in Oculoplastic and Facial Reconstructive Surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Anjema has been a consultant ophthalmologist at Chatham Kent Health Alliance since 2004 and at Anjema Eye Institute, which he started in 2010. He is also a consultant for medical and surgical products, as well as medical business practice management for various pharmaceutical companies. He specializes in Refractive Lens Exchange procedures.
Dr. Anjema has been involved in various teaching projects and conferences, such as the Canadian Ophthalmology Society Meeting and the Toronto Cataract Course at the University of Toronto. He has also authored and reviewed several publications including in the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Anjema has received several research awards throughout the years, including the Alcon Canada Research Award for Best Resident Research Project, and the Dr. D.W. Mills Award for Best Ophthalmology Grand Rounds at the Ivey Eye Institute at the University of Western Ontario. He is also involved in several philanthropic endeavours, such as volunteer coaching and fundraising for youth sports.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- The Canadian Society of Oculoplastic Surgery
- Canadian Medical Association
- Ontario Medical Association